What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 22 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Are sunspots appear dark because they are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
Yes sunspots appear darker due to how much cooler they are than the surrounding area on the sun.
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Is buoyant air cooler or warmer than surrounding air?
❗ What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Sunspots appear dark to us because they're cooler than the surrounding areas on the sun's visible surface, or photosphere , which has a temperature of about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,537.8 degrees Celsius ). The dark interior of a sunspot, called the umbra, is about 1,600 degrees cooler than the rest of the sun's surface.
- What are dark areas cooler than their surroundings?
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
- Why are sunspot cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
❗ Sunspots are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
- Sunspots appear as dark patches in the solar photosphere . These are areas where strong magnetic field has emerged from below the solar surface. The strong magnetic field suppresses the release of heat into the photosphere making sunspots cooler than their surroundings.
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
- Dark dust clouds are cooler than their surroundings?
- What is an area in a star that is cooler than the rest called?
1 other answer
they are called sunspots.
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?» so you can surely find the answer!
Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
because of you
Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?
because water loses heat more rapidly
When propane reacts with oxygen does the surrounding area become warmer or cooler?
What makes a white shirt cooler than dark one on a sunny day?
because the light is reracting all the light onthe black shirt
Why it is cooler in the white car than a dark car?
Because white reflects sunlight, and black absorbs sunlight. Therefore, a white car would be cooler.
Why does the air from a fan's jet stream feel cooler than the surrounding environmental temperature?
Temperature is the same, but the stream of air takes more moisture off your skin then steady air. While doing that it effectively cools more your skin. As result you feel it as "cooler" air.
What is an area on the sun cooler than any other area on the sun called?
What's the worst thing than a cooler that doesn't cool?
- The only thing worse than a cooler that doesn’t cool is a cooler that leaks, but worry not — this one is built specifically to protect against that. Yeti’s HydroLok zipper is billed to be 100-percent leakproof. Although Yetis can be heavy, this one clocks in at just around 4 pounds.
What site is cooler than wwwnetdisastercom?
i was going to say some other site but then i decided to try this one and decided this was WAY COOLER!!!!!!!!
Is meta cooler stronger than cooler?
Yes, Meta Cooler is much stronger than Cooler. Cooler in his 5th form was defeated by SSJ Goku; however, Meta Cooler was defeated only by SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta at full power.
Why are light colored clothes cooler to wear in the summer than dark colored clothes?
"Darker colors absorb heat whereas lighter colors reflect them."This is almost correct, however colors do not absorb anything. Colors are the result of radiations reflection. So basically, if a shirt is black that means most of the radiation (sun radiation that is hitting it) is being absorbed by it and not reflected (think of a black hole for example, and why they are "black"), therefore heating more than a white one. A white shirt means that a big part of radiation is being reflected , and therefore less absorbed. And then, cooler.Hope this was more clearLight colored clothes are cooler to wear in the summer than dark colors because lighter colors do not absorb as much heat as darker colors.
What is darker cooler area of the sun that comes and go in cycles?
What are dark cooler patches on the sun called?
They are called, sunspots.
Is it true that warm air holds more water than cooler air?
- Therefore the supposed paradigm that warm air “holds more water” than cooler air is completely false. If you hear your source for weather information make such a statement, hit him over the head with a HAMweather bat, and point him in the right direction.
Why does the glass on a window pane feel cooler to the touch than the wood frame surrounding the glass?
Wood is a better thermal insulator than glass, which is easily cooled.
What album is cooler than you on?
It's off Ben Folds's Sunny 16 EP.
What cooler is better than a yeti?
The Pelican ProGear Elite cooler is my #1 pick for the best cooler that is like Yeti but cheaper. It's one of the most affordable of all the Yeti alternatives and it outperforms the Yeti in terms of ice retention.
What is a cooler word than cool?
Well cold is cooler than cool but I assume you are referring to the colloquial usage. Depends on your age and location as well as the context but here are some I know: wicked, ace, uber, sick, awesome, brilliant.
How does dark curtain keep room cooler?
they deflect heat
What is higher than an eagle but cooler than a penguin?
a lion :) so awesome
Are dogs cooler than cats?
Well, you can't really answer this question because there are people who think dogs are better and then there are others who think cats are better.Answer:According to the Veterinary Information for Cats site, a cat's normal temperature ranges from 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit. The normal body temperature for dogs ranges between 99.5° to 102.5°F. So while dogs and cats may be the same temperature in some cases the potential for dogs to be slightly cooler does exist.
Are kids cooler than parents?
In some ways, Yes