Where is the transmission cooler in a 1988 gmc sierra 1500?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Where is the transmission cooler in a 1988 gmc sierra 1500?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 25 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Where is the transmission cooler in a 1988 gmc sierra 1500?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Where is transmission cooler on 1988 mark vii?
the cooler is part of the radiator.
- Where is the transmission cooler line on a 1988 honda prelude?
- How much does a gmc sierra transmission oil cooler cost?
- Do you need a transmission cooler 1500 dodge ram 4x4 5.9 360?
❗ Where is the transmission cooler on a dodge ram 1500?
- Ram 1500 5.7 6 speed. on my 2011 Hemi the tranny cooler and AC condenser coil are one. Lines are on the passenger side of the truck. Its the coil in front of the radiator. Jeff, are you towing heavy with your truck? Even with 4.56's and a 3400 stall converter, I don't ever see over 160* transmission temps.
- Where is the transmission cooler?
- Where is transmission cooler located?
- Where to install transmission cooler?
❗ How do you remove engine oil cooler line 1990 gmc sierra 1500?
if you have already disconnected the line from the radiator, you have to disconnect it from where it goes into the engine, near the oil filter. It will have a plastic retaining clip that you will need to squeze and the line should come out with a little muscle.
- Where to mount transmission cooler?
- Where is the transmission cooler located?
- Where is the transmission fluid cooler?
1 other answer
there isn't one!
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «Where is the transmission cooler in a 1988 gmc sierra 1500?» so you can surely find the answer!
Does a dodge ram 1500 5.7 need a transmission cooler for towing a travel trailer?
If your 1500 ram hemi came with a tow package you already have a transmission cooler. I would compare with others to make sure you have the correct cooler for towing. You can always upgrade to larger coolers but may not be necessary. Some use the 1 ton cooler but that would be seems overkill to me.
Where do you mount a transmission cooler?
Mounting the Cooler
The cooler should be mounted ½ to 1 inch in front of the radiator or A/C condenser for vehicles with air conditioning. 2. Find the oil cooler lines. These are metal tubes that connect to the transmission on one end and the radiator at the other end.
Where does the transmission oil cooler go?
The oil cooler is based on the same flow-through principle as the transmission cooler. It is installed in-line with the vehicle's oil delivery system, and then the oil pump pushes oil through the cooler and back into the engine.
Where is the transmission cooler line located?
Metal transmission cooler lines are typically pre-bent with fittings that are held on by a flare at each end of the line. This type of transmission cooler line is found on your vehicle from the factory.
Where is the transmission oil cooler located?
The transmission cooler is inside the radiator; a leak will result in transmission fluid swirling around in the radiator's neck. It also results in pink, milky transmission fluid.
Where is the 2000 dodge ram 1500 auto trans internal cooler location?
The main cooler is the passenger side radiator side tank. The optional cooler is an air cooler in front of the radiator.
What's the oil cooler hose on a gmc sierra?
- This replacement automatic transmission oil cooler hose is constructed of quality metal and rubber components to ensure leak-free delivery of critical fluid between the transmission and the transmission oil cooler.
Where do you mount a remote transmission cooler?
Mounting a transmission cooler is typically best in front of the air conditioning condenser so it gets ample air flow. Mounting here provides significant air flow which will help keep temperatures low. In addition, having the right parts to install a transmission makes the process easier.
Where does transmission line run into oil cooler?
- On my most recent oil change when I was do my typcial rounds of maintenance checks, I noticed that I had a leak where the transmission lines run into the cooler on the driver's side of the oil cooler at the top of the radiator. It's not in the hose itself, but at the connection...the hose-to-cooler connection has some play / is loose feeling.
Where is transmission cooler on 2007 ford f150?
A transmission cooler is usually mounted just in front of the radiator.
How are oil cooler lines installed in a gmc sierra?
- The new oil cooler lines are installed to the oil filter housing and secured with new clamps. The two oil cooler lines are connected and secured with new clamps to the oil cooler. The vehicle is started and checked for oil leaks then lowered off of the jack stands. The oil level is checked and topped off with the correct oil.
What size transmission cooler?
- When it comes to automatic transmission coolers, bigger is always better. This cooler measures 8-1/4 X 13-inches (Earl’s #24200ERL). It's big but as indicated in the text, it's impossible to overcool an automatic transmission.
Does it matter which transmission cooler line goes where?
Fluid is full. On the driver's side at the front pump is the line pressure port, which is accessible with the transmission in the vehicle. Putting the cooler where it gets lots of air thru it is the important part. The line probably goes from the transmission to the radiator.
Where are the transmission cooler lines for a neon?
The transmission cooler lines are located coming from the radiator on the bottom. One is for the sending and the other for return. The lines are high pressure, just as your radiator hoses are when the car is running. The lines go from the radiator to the top of the transmission.
Where is the oil cooler on an automatic transmission?
- 1. Connect the cooler using the illustration below as a guide. On all automatic transmissions, the transmission oil flows from the transmission through the original equipment cooler, (which is located inside the radiator), and then back to the transmission.
Where is the transmission cooler on a 1999 mountaineer?
It is in front of the radiator. Should be able to see it throught the grill in front....
Where is the transmission cooler on a toyota 4runner?
- If I put a dedicated cooler in it, it will be in front of the radiator so the engine fan will pull air through it at all times. The 4Runner has a "sort of" trans cooler like every vehicle does. The trans fluid is routed into a separate circuit of the radiator.
Where to mount a transmission cooler in a car?
- When installing a transmission cooler in your car, truck or SUV, it is important to consider not only the cooler size, but where to mount it, and how to run the lines. Mounting a transmission cooler is typically best in front of the air conditioning condenser so it gets ample air flow, which will help keep temperatures low.
Can a transmission cooler help preserve transmission fluid?
- One the obvious effects of burnt transmission fluid is that it can cause overheating of your transmission. Because of this, it is best to use a transmission cooler to help preserve your transmission fluid. If you have right automatic transmission oil cooler for your car, truck or SUV, burnt fluid will not be a problem for you.
Is the transmission cooler part of the transmission?
Often when you have transmission work done, the shop will recommend to replace the radiator and the reason is the transmission cooler is part of the radiator and this one we broke open you can see the transmission fluid goes in one pipe…
Which transmission cooler line goes where on a 2001 dodge ram going to transmission?
The pressure line is the one closer to the front.The pressure line is the one closer to the front.
Can i bypass transmission cooler?
Sometimes stall companies include a transmission cooler with their stall kits. -While Tube and Fin style coolers are cheaper, they are not as effecient as the Stacked Plate style. -Manufacturers (including B&M) recommend to run aftermarket coolers in addition to the factory cooler, not to bypass the factory cooler.
Does prado have transmission cooler?
Our Toyota Prado 150 Series Transmission Cooler allows your transmission to maintain normal operating temperatures even while towing or going offroad and it is both durable and reliable as 4WD'ing in this country demands.
Is a transmission cooler necessary?
Do I Need a Transmission Cooler? Transmission coolers help to protect your transmission when you turn up the heat… For the same reason, the addition of an auxiliary transmission fluid cooler isn't just necessary for those who tow trailers anymore.
Is a transmission cooler required?
While some vehicles can get by without adding an external transmission cooler, most will need it… Most vehicles utilize a transmission cooler inside the radiator, and more heavy duty vehicles will supplement with an external cooler in front of the radiator and air conditioning condenser.