Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 21 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Sunspots are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
- Sunspots appear as dark patches in the solar photosphere . These are areas where strong magnetic field has emerged from below the solar surface. The strong magnetic field suppresses the release of heat into the photosphere making sunspots cooler than their surroundings.
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Are sunspots appear dark because they are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
- Are sunspots cooler or hotter on the suns surface?
❗ Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
- However, since we are talking about the Sun, cooler means 3800K (6380℉) instead of 5800K (9980℉) Sunspots are cooler because the local magnetic field suppresses convection and prevents heat inside the sun from rising toward the surface. The magnetic field also exerts pressure, which keeps warmer gas away from the area.
- Are sunspots hotter or cooler than normal sun?
- Why are sunspots cooler than the sun itself?
- Are sunspots cooler or hotter than rest of sun?
❗ What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Sunspots appear dark to us because they're cooler than the surrounding areas on the sun's visible surface, or photosphere , which has a temperature of about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,537.8 degrees Celsius ). The dark interior of a sunspot, called the umbra, is about 1,600 degrees cooler than the rest of the sun's surface.
- Are sunspots cooler than the rest of the sun?
- Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Is buoyant air cooler or warmer than surrounding air?
1 other answer
they have strong magnetic activity.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?» so you can surely find the answer!
Are sunspots hotter or cooler than adjacent areas of the sun?
Sunspots are at least 100oC cooler than the rest of the sun! I hope that covers it!
Why is saturn's surface cooler than the earth's?
Saturn's surface is a lot farther from the Sun than the surface of Earth is.
Are sunspots regions of cooler gas?
Sunspots are regions of cooler gas; however, they are still extremely hot.
Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
because of you
Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?
because water loses heat more rapidly
Why does mercury have a cooler surface temperature than venus?
Venus is hotter than Mercury because its atmosphere is made up of carbon dioxide, which traps the heat. Mercury, on the other hand, has no atmosphere and so the planet can cool itself by emitting infrared radiation.
What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?
they are called sunspots.
Why does the air from a fan's jet stream feel cooler than the surrounding environmental temperature?
Temperature is the same, but the stream of air takes more moisture off your skin then steady air. While doing that it effectively cools more your skin. As result you feel it as "cooler" air.
Why is the upper layer of the atmosphere cooler than the surface of the earth?
entropy..the earth is heated from its core. The further you are from the core at the center of the earth the cooler it is.
Why does the glass on a window pane feel cooler to the touch than the wood frame surrounding the glass?
Wood is a better thermal insulator than glass, which is easily cooled.
Is meta cooler stronger than cooler?
Yes, Meta Cooler is much stronger than Cooler. Cooler in his 5th form was defeated by SSJ Goku; however, Meta Cooler was defeated only by SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta at full power.
Which phenomenon is associated with surface temperatures in the eastern pacific that are cooler than average?
When propane reacts with oxygen does the surrounding area become warmer or cooler?
Are dogs cooler than cats?
Well, you can't really answer this question because there are people who think dogs are better and then there are others who think cats are better.Answer:According to the Veterinary Information for Cats site, a cat's normal temperature ranges from 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit. The normal body temperature for dogs ranges between 99.5° to 102.5°F. So while dogs and cats may be the same temperature in some cases the potential for dogs to be slightly cooler does exist.
Are kids cooler than parents?
In some ways, Yes
Are leggings cooler than jeans?
- jeans depending on the type are USUALLY warmer but if you find a pare of thick leggings they can be really warm. jeggings are a cross between the 2 and what i find is warmest. Is this still revelant? Katy16 | 431 opinions shared on Fashion & Beauty topic.
Are pandas cooler than penguins?
No, penguins are in fact cooler than pandas.
Are penguins cooler than monkeys?
Penguins are cooler than monkeys because they live in the Antarctic while the monkey is from the rain forest
Are samoans cooler than americans?
No, neither one is cooler than the other. Americans and Samoans are each cool in the generally common way of being human on planet Earth. Additionally, they each are cool in the specific ways in which different cultures each have something to offer to world culture.
Are ssds cooler than hdds?
- SSD benefit: Quieter, cooler – SSDs make less noise and run cooler than HDDs with spinning disks and mechanical arms. SSD benefit: Less data fragmentation – Data on SSDs is stored in larger, tighter memory sections than on HDDs. On the other hand, an SSD will cost two to three times more than an HDD.
Are you cooler than dimiter?