Why are the areas just above and below the equator cooler?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why are the areas just above and below the equator cooler?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 21 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why are the areas just above and below the equator cooler?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Is the temperature below ground cooler than above ground?
- "Ground temperatures At depths below four feet, ground temperature stays a constant 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit year-round." http://www.alliantenergygeothermal.com/stellent2/groups/public/documents/pub/geo_how_001211.hcspI hope this helps a little. Have a good day. Subject: Re: temperature below ground - is it cooler than above ground?
- Why does heat energy flow from warm areas to cooler areas?
- Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
- Are tectonic plates pulled toward cooler areas?
❗ Does air move from warmer areas to cooler areas?
- Why is the equator the hottest and polar regions cooler?
- If you place your hands one above and the other below an tray of ice which one feels cooler?
- What are dark areas cooler than their surroundings?
❗ Why are climates located farther from the equator cooler than those to the equator?
Its is cooler because of earths tilt the sun's ultraviolet rays hit most directly on the equator so it is hotter by the equator so the farther from the equator the cooler.
- What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Why gardens and forests cooler than rocky areas?
1 other answer
because the sun hits the equator more therefore, the equator is warmer
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «Why are the areas just above and below the equator cooler?» so you can surely find the answer!
Do areas close to oceans have cooler winters and cooler summer?
No i don't think so for the summer because the suns beam just reflects off of the water. But going into the water will help in the summer NOT IN THE WINTER :)
What region usually has temperatures cooler than temperatures near the equator?
Temperate Zones are usually cooler than the temperatures near the equator.
Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
Why do places in coastal areas have cooler climate?
Because the sea and sea breezes have a cooling effect on the land.
Are temperatures warmer or cooler as you get close to the equator?
Temperatures are warmer as you get closer to the equator.
Are tempritures cooler or warmer as you get closer to the equator?
It is warmer because the sun shines more on it than anywhere else.
What climate zone is just cooler than subtropical?
Temperate and polar zones are cooler than subtropical
Are the tempatures cooler or warmer as you get closer to the equator?
Do temperatures get cooler of warmer as you get closer to the equator?
What type of current creates cooler climates in coastal areas?
Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
- However, since we are talking about the Sun, cooler means 3800K (6380℉) instead of 5800K (9980℉) Sunspots are cooler because the local magnetic field suppresses convection and prevents heat inside the sun from rising toward the surface. The magnetic field also exerts pressure, which keeps warmer gas away from the area.
Why is the air above warm surfaces warmer then the air above cooler surfaces?
it releases heat into the air above it more or less easy :)
Do the temperatures get cooler or warmer as you get further from the equator?
Does the temperature usually get cooler or warmer as you get closer to equator?
It gets warmer.
What moves the cooler air towards the equator and warmer air towards the pole?
Are sunspots hotter or cooler than adjacent areas of the sun?
Sunspots are at least 100oC cooler than the rest of the sun! I hope that covers it!
Can i run just the fan on my swamp cooler?
In fact, swamp coolers don't even have to run the fan, but the fan helps to circulate the now-cooled air. The way a swamp cooler works is the same way sweat works to cool down your skin.
Is a temperature inversion cooler or warmer than the layer below it?
Warmer than below.
How tall should the cooler be above the cryo cuff?
- Raise cooler no more than 15” (38 cm) above the cuff for approximately 30 seconds while Cryo/Cuff fills. • To correctly position cooler-place cooler on stable surface. The cooler base should be even with the Cryo/Cuff – NOTe: To AVOId excessive pressure during use, dO NOT raise the cooler higher than 15” (38 cm) above the Cryo/Cuff.
How can a location closer to the equator be cooler than one closer to the polar regions.?
There is a general tendency for places closer to the equator to be hotter. However, the temperature does not ONLY depend on the latitude. It also depends on other factors, for example on whether it is night or day, on clouds, on the amount of vegetation, on the closeness to large bodies of water, etc.
Areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them?
As strange as it is to think of a body as hot as the sun having such a thing as a "cool" spot, it actually does! These areas are known as sunspots. Their number changes from year to year and they appear darker in color when studied by astronomers.