Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 25 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?» often ask the following questions:
❗ What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Sunspots appear dark to us because they're cooler than the surrounding areas on the sun's visible surface, or photosphere , which has a temperature of about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,537.8 degrees Celsius ). The dark interior of a sunspot, called the umbra, is about 1,600 degrees cooler than the rest of the sun's surface.
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
- Sunspots are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
- Is buoyant air cooler or warmer than surrounding air?
❗ Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
I'm not an astrophysicist but I know they are cooler because they are farther away from the source of heat than the surrounding area. The cause of a sun spot is probably excess heat. But as the spot, or eruption, climbs away from the sun it become cooler. It shows as black only because the lenses that are necessary to allow looking at the sun do not allow the smaller amount of light from a spot to be seen. Consider the room where you are. You may be able to see everything in it. But it is not all lit the same and if you put on a pair of sunglasses you might not be able to see areas where you could before. These areas are black, though they are still lit in actual fact.
- What are dark areas cooler than their surroundings?
- Why gardens and forests cooler than rocky areas?
- Why are sunspot cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
❗ Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
- Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?
- When propane reacts with oxygen does the surrounding area become warmer or cooler?
1 other answer
because of you
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?» so you can surely find the answer!
Are sunspots appear dark because they are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
Yes sunspots appear darker due to how much cooler they are than the surrounding area on the sun.
Are sunspots hotter or cooler than adjacent areas of the sun?
Sunspots are at least 100oC cooler than the rest of the sun! I hope that covers it!
Why are some video cards cooler than others?
- Since these cards like to keep their heat to themselves, they can often be kept much cooler than custom cooler designs can when stacked closely together. However, the top card will tend to be a few degrees warmer. This is due to reduced access to airflow, and because the top card pulls up warm air from the back of the bottom video card.
Does air move from warmer areas to cooler areas?
What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?
they are called sunspots.
Why does coastal water in areas with hotter water have drier climates than having higher climates salinity than coastal water in cooler more humid areas?
This is because less fresh water runs into the ocean in drier areas and because heat increases the evaporation rate.
Why do some seeds germinate in cooler weather than others?
- The seed can also recognize swings in temperature. Ions in the soil are giving the seed clues to when it should break free and start to grow. Even as tiny seeds your plants have preferences. Seeds such as lettuce and peas germinate in cooler weather. Things such as peppers, tomatoes, and watermelons need warmer temps to germinate.
Why does the air from a fan's jet stream feel cooler than the surrounding environmental temperature?
Temperature is the same, but the stream of air takes more moisture off your skin then steady air. While doing that it effectively cools more your skin. As result you feel it as "cooler" air.
Why does heat energy flow from warm areas to cooler areas?
Heat energy generally possesses kinetic energy.Kinetic energy is the energy a body has when it is in motion.The particles of the warm area move rapidly.Depending on the medium there is transfer of heat from the warm area to the cooler one
Areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them?
As strange as it is to think of a body as hot as the sun having such a thing as a "cool" spot, it actually does! These areas are known as sunspots. Their number changes from year to year and they appear darker in color when studied by astronomers.
Are tectonic plates pulled toward cooler areas?
- The plates are moved by heated material in the Earth. The plates float along ocean waves The plates are pulled toward cooler areas. The plates are lifted by the eruption of volcanoes.
What are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them?
What are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gasses around them?
How does a warmer liquid become less dense than a cooler liquid?
The motion of molecules in matter increases with temperature. Molecular collisions in a warmer state have more energy than the collisions in a cooler state, tending to increase the volume and therefore reduce the density for a fixed mass.
Do areas close to oceans have cooler winters and cooler summer?
No i don't think so for the summer because the suns beam just reflects off of the water. But going into the water will help in the summer NOT IN THE WINTER :)
Why are areas along the west coast of california cooler than you would expect for their latitude?
Because of the cold ocean's current traveling along the coast.
Why did cooler become meta cooler?
It was stated by Takao Koyama, that when making Dragon Ball movies was that the next movie villain that Goku fought would always have to be at least stronger than the previous villain Goku fought. Thus, Meta-Cooler was stronger than Cooler but weaker than Android 13.
Why does the glass on a window pane feel cooler to the touch than the wood frame surrounding the glass?
Wood is a better thermal insulator than glass, which is easily cooled.
Is meta cooler stronger than cooler?
Yes, Meta Cooler is much stronger than Cooler. Cooler in his 5th form was defeated by SSJ Goku; however, Meta Cooler was defeated only by SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta at full power.
Why do places in coastal areas have cooler climate?
Because the sea and sea breezes have a cooling effect on the land.
How can cities become cooler?
Building materials are major contributors to the urban heat island effect. The use of cool materials on roofs, streets and pavements is an important cooling strategy. A cool surface material has low heat conductivity, low heat capacity, high solar reflectance and high permeability.
What type of current creates cooler climates in coastal areas?
Are dogs cooler than cats?
Well, you can't really answer this question because there are people who think dogs are better and then there are others who think cats are better.Answer:According to the Veterinary Information for Cats site, a cat's normal temperature ranges from 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit. The normal body temperature for dogs ranges between 99.5° to 102.5°F. So while dogs and cats may be the same temperature in some cases the potential for dogs to be slightly cooler does exist.
Are kids cooler than parents?
In some ways, Yes
Are leggings cooler than jeans?
- jeans depending on the type are USUALLY warmer but if you find a pare of thick leggings they can be really warm. jeggings are a cross between the 2 and what i find is warmest. Is this still revelant? Katy16 | 431 opinions shared on Fashion & Beauty topic.