Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun?
- Top best answers to the question «Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 20 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun»
- As altitude increases, air becomes thinner and is less able to absorb and retain heat. The cooler the temperature the less evaporation there is, meaning that there is more moisture in the air. Mountains or hilly areas being cool are no way related to distance from the sun.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Does air move from warmer areas to cooler areas?
- Are tectonic plates pulled toward cooler areas?
- What are dark areas cooler than their surroundings?
- What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
❗ Why does heat energy flow from warm areas to cooler areas?
Heat energy generally possesses kinetic energy.Kinetic energy is the energy a body has when it is in motion.The particles of the warm area move rapidly.Depending on the medium there is transfer of heat from the warm area to the cooler one
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Why gardens and forests cooler than rocky areas?
- Do areas close to oceans have cooler winters and cooler summer?
❗ Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
because of you
- How can a location closer to the equator be cooler than one closer to the polar regions.?
- Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Why do places in coastal areas have cooler climate?
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «Why is it cooler in hilly areas if they are closer to the sun?» so you can surely find the answer!
What type of current creates cooler climates in coastal areas?
Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
- However, since we are talking about the Sun, cooler means 3800K (6380℉) instead of 5800K (9980℉) Sunspots are cooler because the local magnetic field suppresses convection and prevents heat inside the sun from rising toward the surface. The magnetic field also exerts pressure, which keeps warmer gas away from the area.
Is it true that cooler air moves closer to the ground?
Cooler air does move closer to the ground. I can attest to that because when I was camping, I had to move to the top bunk in the cabin where it was warmer because it was so cold on the bottom bunk. Therefore, cold air goes down and warm air does rise.
Are sunspots hotter or cooler than adjacent areas of the sun?
Sunspots are at least 100oC cooler than the rest of the sun! I hope that covers it!
Why are the areas just above and below the equator cooler?
because the sun hits the equator more therefore, the equator is warmer
Are tempritures cooler or warmer as you get closer to the equator?
It is warmer because the sun shines more on it than anywhere else.
Why did they stop making ecto cooler?
The only real reason that Hi-C's Ecto Cooler was ever taken off the shelves was because it was promotional gimmick for the Ghostbusters movie… You might want to blame the movie but not only would that be too easy, it'd be slamming the original movie in a way since that's where the idea came from after all.
Are the tempatures cooler or warmer as you get closer to the equator?
Do temperatures get cooler of warmer as you get closer to the equator?
What do they call a cooler in england?
AE speakers refer to it as an "ice chest" or a "cooler." I've heard it called a "chilly bin" somewhere -- possibly in the UK.
Does the temperature usually get cooler or warmer as you get closer to equator?
It gets warmer.
Areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them?
As strange as it is to think of a body as hot as the sun having such a thing as a "cool" spot, it actually does! These areas are known as sunspots. Their number changes from year to year and they appear darker in color when studied by astronomers.
Do clouds become hotter or cooler as they rise?
they rise heat rises
What do objects usually do as they become cooler?
What is a zen cooler and do they work?
- Zen Cooler is a personal air cooler that is highly efficient and is specially designed for a healthy and comfortable environment which provides cooling as well as peace of mind.
Why does coastal water in areas with hotter water have drier climates than having higher climates salinity than coastal water in cooler more humid areas?
This is because less fresh water runs into the ocean in drier areas and because heat increases the evaporation rate.
Do areas of high latitude receive indirect rays from the sun and have cooler temperatures?
yes, high latitude áreas = cold temperatures low latitude áreas = warm temperatures
What are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them?
What are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gasses around them?
What are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler then the gases around them?
Sunspots are areas of gas on the sun that are cooler than the gases around them.