Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 24 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?» often ask the following questions:
❗ Why is a swimming pool cooler than the sidewalk around it?
One of the qualities of water is that it takes a lot of energy to heat it or to cool it.
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Are sunspot hotter or cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Is buoyant air cooler or warmer than surrounding air?
❗ Sunspots are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
- Sunspots appear as dark patches in the solar photosphere . These are areas where strong magnetic field has emerged from below the solar surface. The strong magnetic field suppresses the release of heat into the photosphere making sunspots cooler than their surroundings.
- Does warm water freeze faster than cooler water?
- Is a water cooler cheaper than bottled water?
- Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding solar surface areas?
❗ What are sunspots cooler than the surrounding areas?
- Sunspots appear dark to us because they're cooler than the surrounding areas on the sun's visible surface, or photosphere , which has a temperature of about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,537.8 degrees Celsius ). The dark interior of a sunspot, called the umbra, is about 1,600 degrees cooler than the rest of the sun's surface.
1 other answer
because water loses heat more rapidly
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «Why is water in a swimming pool cooler than the surrounding sidewalk?» so you can surely find the answer!
Why water is cooler than sand?
Water is a slow conductor of heat, thus it needs to gain more energy than the sand or dry land in order for its temperature to increase… Water has to lose more energy than the sand (dry land) in order for the temperature to decrease. During the summer the land is much warmer than the water.
Why are sunspot cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
they have strong magnetic activity.
Why are sunspots cooler than the surrounding surface of the sun?
they have strong magnetic activity.
Why does a swimming pool feel cooler than the air in the morning?
Water transfers temperature better than air. If you leave a key and a cotton ball in the sun in your car, they will both be the same temperature but the key will burn harder.
Is air cooler better than water cooling?
Liquid cooling is the best way to cool a CPU because water transfers heat much more efficiently than air. Liquid cooling also makes your PC run quieter because you won't have fans constantly running at a high RPM… All-in-one liquid coolers aren't just limited to your CPU either.
Why does water stay cooler than land?
it is because water has more thermal mass its slower to heat than to cool
Why is ice cooler than ice water?
"Ice water" could either refer to water that has been chilled to the freezing temperature or just a container of water with ice floating in that is close to (but still above) that freezing temperature. Ice can be no warmer than the freezing point but can certainly be colder. If the solid (ice) is in equilibrium with the liquid ("ice water"), the ice will NOT be cooler, but as noted, if they are not really in equilibrium, you would expect the solid (ice) to be colder than the liquid water rather than the other way around.
Why do some areas of the photosphere become cooler than surrounding areas?
because of you
Why does water feel cooler than the air?
- Both water and air would have to be at exactly the same temperature. That temperature would have to be lower than human body temperature (strictly speaking skin temperature). If those conditions are met then water would certainly feel cooler than air. Several factors are responsible for this.
Why is water under shade cooler than the water in sunlight?
Its simple... Sunlight is a form of energy.. Energy is mostly liberated in the form of heat. Since water in the sunlight will receive more light energy, its temperature will increase. The water in the shady region will not receive that much light energy as received by the water in sunlight. Hence, its temperature will be low relative to the water in the other case.
Are sunspots appear dark because they are cooler than the surrounding solar surface?
Yes sunspots appear darker due to how much cooler they are than the surrounding area on the sun.
Why does the water from a swimming pool feel cooler in the day and warmer at night?
Because water temperature doesn't fluctuate as fast as air temperature. The air cools more rapidly after sundown.
What is a dark area of the sun that is cooler than the surrounding area?
they are called sunspots.
When water cools and changes to ice does the surrounding air get cooler or warmer?
Does specific heat cause water to be cooler than air?
- Several factors are responsible for this. Water has a much higher Specific Heat Capacity than air, making it a far better coolant than air. More intimate contact between water and skin, compared to air and skin, results in a higher Heat Transfer Coefficient which makes water again a better coolant.
Does warmer air contain less water vapor than cooler air?
No, cold air can't hold as much as warm air, that's why clouds are up in the sky.
Why is rubbing alcohol cooler on your skin than water?
because it evapurates on the skin faster and it cools down
Is water cooler water distilled?
Distilled water is purified through a distillation process… If distilled water is someone's choice of daily drinking water large bottles for water coolers are much more convenient. So far, distilled water sounds like a healthy option for drinking water. But there are some disadvantages to drinking it.
Is the big bobber pool floating cooler water tight?
- The cooler floats pretty good if not too loaded up. The main issue I have with it is that it is not water tight. Within a half hour of a 5 hour float the ice was melted because the cooler is not sealed. It is cute and a great idea...but would be nice if it had a seal to make it water tight. Helpful?
Why does the air from a fan's jet stream feel cooler than the surrounding environmental temperature?
Temperature is the same, but the stream of air takes more moisture off your skin then steady air. While doing that it effectively cools more your skin. As result you feel it as "cooler" air.
Why is air on land cooler than the air on water?
Air on land is cooler than air on water because water is much warmer than land. This is because of the under water volcanoes and since water is deeper than land it is more closer to the core. Oceans are also known for storing heat. To sum up the air on land is cooler than air on water because water stores more heat than land does making air over land cool and nice.
Why is the water cooler than the sand at the beach?
no one cares...
Why rubbing alcohol feels cooler on your skin than normal water?
Alcohol evaporates faster because of its low boiling point.
Is meta cooler stronger than cooler?
Yes, Meta Cooler is much stronger than Cooler. Cooler in his 5th form was defeated by SSJ Goku; however, Meta Cooler was defeated only by SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta at full power.